“Keep traditional craft alive. Peeling tree-bark to make clothes and bags is not the easiest way but definitely traditional.”
Dulan is known as a town full of surfers and artists, but it also keeps lots of Taiwan’s indigenous traditions. Let’s explore this unique and relaxed town with a hippie vibe full of interesting culture and people, then learn the (almost) forgotten aboriginal skill of making clothes from tree bark.
Dulan, Taitung | Tree-bark hat/bag craft workshop and a walking tour if you like!
- Making a bag, hat, lampshade, or even a jacket from tree barks and take it home as a souvenir.
- Meet previous chief of Dulan village, who is trying to make this traditional craft alive.
- A interesting walking tour to understand the village in depth.
- Understand some culture of Amis, one of Taiwan’s indigenous peoples.
【 Important To Know】
- Kids friendly, low Physicality
- Duration: 2-4 hours for the craft, 1 hour for the tour
- Language: Chinese and English
- Indoor (Outdoor for walking tour)
Dulan Tree Bark Craft Studio
(Oppsite Marino’s Kitchen)
(After you book this experience successfully, we will send you transportation information.)
- NT$ 950 / person (Currency Converter )
【 What’s Included】
- Craft materials
- Craft making tools
- Craft instructors
- Free tour for the tribal leader’s tree bark craft collection museum
- Dulan walking tour
【 Gentle Reminder】
- People at any age if s/he is doing the craft would need to buy a ticket
- Bring water & mosquito repellent with you
- All our outdoor activities can be influenced by bad weathers, but we always find the best alternatives
【 Guest Limits】
- Minimum: 2
- Maximum: no maximum